Frequently Asked Questions

What type of fuel do I need?

This largely depends on what you are using it for...

Heating can be provided by kerosene, gas oil or fuel oil.

Machinery fuel is usually gas oil and for on-road vehicles diesel or petrol.

If your fuel is stored in a tank, then it often has a sticker with the fuel type. If not then contact your local depot who will be able to help you.

Where do you deliver to?

Carlton Fuels have depots throughout North and Central England to cover: Cumbria, Derbyshire, Lancashire, Lincolnshire, Manchester, Merseyside, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire and Yorkshire.

I need a regular delivery, can you help?

Yes, our Top Up service is designed to do just that! Learn more about it here or apply now.

How can I sign up to paperless billing?

It's really simple, just send an email to with your name and account number and we'll do the rest